sick pumpkin (elephant toothpaste)
Time: 10 mins
Skill level: Medium
- A clean plastic soda bottle or a water bottle.
- 20-Volume hydrogen peroxide liquid (For best results, but at a beauty supply store.)
- 1 Tablespoon of dry yeast
- 3+ Tablespoons of warm water
- Liquid dish washing soap
- Food coloring
- Small cup
- Use a funnel to carefully pour 1/2 cup of the hydrogen peroxide liquid into the bottle.
- Add about 10 drops of your favorite food coloring in to the bottle.
- Add about 1tablespoon of liquid dish soap into the bottle and swish the bottle around a bit to mix it.
- In a separate small cup, combine the warm water and the yeast together and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Use the funnel to pour the yeast-water mixture into the bottle and watch!
You just gotta try this with your grandkids! It’s fun to talk science with your grandkids.
| Posted on February 16 2023